WEEE Collection Service
EWD can arrange to remove your WEEE waste from you and can take any of the following items:
|· Washing Machines|
· Tumble dryers
|· Fridge freezers|
· Chest Freezers
· Phone Systems
· Anything with a Plug
To make it easier, we will prepare all of the necessary hazardous waste paperwork for you.
If you have other hazardous waste, please ring us as we may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you.
From July 2005 every UK business or institution has a legal ‘Duty of Care’ to dispose of hazardous or special waste properly.
The ‘WEEE Directive’ became the law in 2006 and it regulates the disposal of all electrical equipment and all those involved in manufacturing, selling, distributing or recycling. Producers will need to ensure that all collected material is treated and recycled to the required standards to minimise the impact of its disposal on the environment.
Please advise us if you know that your site has overhead cables or other potential hazards and obstructions.
We are pleased to advise you that we are able to recycle at least 90% of the waste that we collect from you. All of the waste that we collect is taken to recycling or disposal sites that are regulated by the Environment Agency and the County Planning Service.
EWD Permit information
- Morses Lane, Brightlingsea Transfer Station EPR/NP3094NP.
- Bobs Skips, Clacton-on-Sea Transfer Station EPR/VP3495VS.
- Martell’s Quarry, Ardleigh Transfer Station EPR/NB3730RP.
- Mobile Plant EPR/PP3794NV.
- Waste Carriers and Brokers License CB/PN5070MZ.
- Accredited by Safe Contractor Number IF4376.
- Accredited by Constructionline Number 59174.
- Tyre Industry Federation “Responsible Recycler Scheme” Number 11.
- Tyre Recovery Association Number 11.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US :
07.00 hrs – 17.30 hrs Mon – Fri. 07.00 hrs – 12.30 Sat.
Tel: 01206 307070 Fax: 01206 308686