All sizes of skips from 2 cubic yards to 12 cubic yards and Roll on/Roll off containers from 15 cubic yards to 40 cubic yards (see table below for approx dimensions).
- 2yd³ – Used mainly for small house/garden/garage jobs – could contain approx 20/30 std black bin bags.
- 4yd³ – Ideal for the larger house/garden/garage job – could contain approx 30/40 std black bin bags.
- 6yd³ – Small builders skip, ideal for bulky waste – available with “drop down door” for ease of loading. Could contain approx 50 – 60 std black bin bags.
- 8yd³ – Large builders skip (largest available for soil and hardcore – also available with “drop down door”. Could contain approx 60 – 80 std black bin bags.
- 12yd³ – The largest skip available – Ideal for large house clearances. Could contain approx 100 – 120 std black bin bags.
- 15yd³ – Roll on/Roll off container – For soil and rubble.
- 20yd³ – Roll on/Roll off container – Suitable for general builders waste.
- 40yd³ – Roll on/Roll off container – Ideal for general light waste.
Wastes Collected in Skips
You can use your skip to recycle most general household, garden, construction, demolition and industrial wastes.
You can’t use it for asbestos and hazardous wastes such as oils, paints etc.
We are able to supply skips for the removal and safe disposal of cement based asbestos, including preparing the necessary paperwork for you.please see our Asbestos Disposal page for full details.
If you have hazardous waste, please ring us as we may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you.
Fridges and Freezers can be put into your skip if you agree this with us first. There is an additional recycling charge for these items to cover the costs of treating the waste safely.
Please do not overload your skip as this can be a health and safety hazard to our drivers and other road users.
Products Supplied in Skips
All of our range of secondary aggregates can be delivered to you when we supply your skip – an economic way to have a small delivery.
If you need to put your skip on the road or a council owned verge, a permit is required. We need up to five days’ notice to obtain this from the Highway Agency.
We will supply lights and cones for skips on the road to protect road users and will take a small charge for this.
Please advise us if you know that your site has overhead cables or other potential hazards and obstructions.
If you know that the site that you are working on is subject to time restrictions, please advise us when booking in and we will try to accommodate this in your delivery arrangements.
We are pleased to advise you that we are able to recycle at least 90% of the waste that we collect from you. All of the waste that we collect is taken to recycling or disposal sites that are regulated by the Environment Agency and the County Planning Service.
EWD Permit information
- Morses Lane, Brightlingsea Transfer Station EPR/NP3094NP.
- Bobs Skips, Clacton-on-Sea Transfer Station EPR/VP3495VS.
- Martell’s Quarry, Ardleigh Transfer Station EPR/NB3730RP.
- Mobile Plant EPR/PP3794NV.
- Waste Carriers and Brokers License CB/PN5070MZ.
- Accredited by Safe Contractor Number IF4376.
- Accredited by Constructionline Number 59174.
- Tyre Industry Federation “Responsible Recycler Scheme” Number 11.
- Tyre Recovery Association Number 11.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US :
07.00 hrs – 17.30 hrs Mon – Fri. 07.00 hrs – 12.30 Sat.
Tel: 01206 307070 Fax: 01206 308686